We can find divergence between two pages by the headers. Headers on the top are used to check the essence and quality of your work. Dates, titles, and names allure the readers and help them to bethink without opening the title page. I will teach you how to remove the header in google docs.
If you have fervency to create documents more alluring, then drink in the way to add headers and footers in Google Docs.
Before we discuss how to remove the header in Google Docs, we should know about Google Docs.
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is a free software offered by Google in Google Drive services. It came from two different products, Writely and XL2Web.
It was introduced on March 9, 2006. Now it’s able in more than 100 languages. The operating system possessed by Google Docs is Android, iOS, macOS, and Chrome OS.
What is Header in Google Docs?
Documents have a component that appears in the top belt, known as Header in Google Docs.
It is comprised of information like time, title, and dates, the author’s name, or the file name.
Here are some steps to add the header in a document.
- Open your Google Docs homepage.
- Open a new document or document which was already being used
- Click insert
- Now click on the header
- You can also use a keyboard shortcut to add a header. Click and hold Ctrl+Alt and click the O, and then click H.
How to add Header in a document.
You can add a header to the document only if the document is in the‘’ print layout’’ mode.
Here are a few steps to a header.
- Open Google Docs homepage.
- Open a new document in Google Docs.
- Now tap the Edit.
- In the top right, tap More option
- Make sure that your ‘’ print layout’’ is active.
- Now tap the header.
There are various ways which can tell how to remove the header on Google Docs. Some of them are bellowed.
How to remove header in Google Docs
You can only edit and remove the header from Google Docs if you are using a web browser.
You can’t do this while using an iPhone or Android phone.
Here are a few steps that can assist you to remove or delete header in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs
- Now get a login to your Google Account
- Now go to the upload button
- Now click on Select a file from your device
- Here you are supposed to upload any sort of text document having a header
- Now click the header you want to remove from Google Docs
- Click Format, on the top
- Click on Headers
- Now click Remove Headers
These are the steps which can assist you to remove or delete the headers without any query. Now you can save any documents without any header.
How to remove headers in Google Docs
The process of removing a header is not difficult. All you have to do is just click on the‘’ delete’’ or ‘’ backspace’’ button. And header will be removed.
Highlight the text first.
Highlight the text witing header by dragging it by your cursor. The text will be highlighted.
Remove the header by pressing the backspace key or delete key
After highlighting the desired text, simply press the ‘’ backspace’’ key.
The header will be removed. You can also remove the header by pressing the ‘’ delete’’ key. Now if you want to go back to your document, simply press anywhere.
READ MORE. Travel Pirates Compact Travel Forum.
How to remove headers in Google Doc.
As we have already mentioned that deleting a header is much easier as compared to adding a header.
You have to follow specific steps to add a header but for deleting a header you just have to press the ‘’backspace’’ or ‘’ delete’’ key.
Here we have some steps to erase a header from Google Docs
- First of all, go and press the title, which you already have added.
- Now I just have to press the ‘’backspace’’ key to remove the header.
- Press the ‘’ delete’’ key and the header you want to remove will be removed.
How to remove header in Google Docs in Android
It is very easy to remove the header from Google Docs in Android as compared to a computer.
Here we have some very easy steps which will assist you to learn how to remove headers on Google Docs in Android.
- First of all, click the app and open the Google Docs app on your mobile.
- Now open the desired documents file.
- Now just press the three dots at the top.
- Enable ‘’ print layout’’
- Select the header by dragging it
- Now press the ‘’backspace’’ or ‘’ delete’’ key. The header will be removed.
How to remove header on Google Docs in iPad & iPhone
Removing a header from an iPad or iPhone is the same as removing a header from Android.
Join Our Page On Facebook.